Next I mix the epoxy, color to suit, and apply it to the stock:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As a final step, I re-shoot the action with the aerosol release agent and make make sure the action screws are fully coated with wax. I then carefully mate the action to the stock, tightening the actions screws and watching to keep the barrel true in the barrel channel while slowly applying more pressure to each screw as the epoxy finds its way out of the stock. Don't rush this, and while handling the rifle, watch that epoxy... you'll get it everywhere if not careful! (PS, note in the below pic the paste wax popping up in the rear receiver screw hole... it did its job!).

[Linked Image]

Now comes the waiting... Acraglass Gel is very consistent with its cure time, which is one reason I like it. It will be getting too hard to trim easily past the 6hr mark. Around the 3hr mark, while the epoxy is still pretty rubbery, I peel back the overflow slightly away from the action. This will make it easier later to remove the action without breaking epoxy and ruining your edge. Generally at 5hrs I score the epoxy around the tang with the exacto and remove it, then back the action screws out, pop out the action, and begin trimming the remaining excess epoxy. The exacto will ride along the top of the tape to trim this area. I score the shank line and pop that out as well.

After all that I put it back together and let it finish curing til the following day, when I do clean up. The blue release agent comes off with warm water. I rinse the entire inside of the stock with warm water and dish soap and dry. The modelling clay cleans up with a toothbrush and mineral spirits.

The finished bedding:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery