Originally Posted by bwinters
I'm 3+ hours into my Kimber bedding job. And learned to NEVER, EVER use straight Acra Glass again. I thought skim bedding I'll use a thinner material. It got under my masking tape, ran out the "stud", generally made a mess. I'm not hugely hopeful its going to come out the way the gel/SS versions usually do. I've got it all cleaned up but that stuff is garbage. I'll bet I'll be re-doing the bedding.........

Again - thank you for the thread and pics. I've done 20-30 rifles but I always learn something by looking at how other folks do things. Hadn't thought of the shim thing - I've always used 2-5 layers of electric tape to center the barrel in the channel.

Bill, yeah runny epoxy is a zero in a rifle... really not sure why Brownell's even sells the stuff. It's a specialty item, not for any kind of bedding I know of, unless thickened.

Glad you like the thread. R H CLark really inspired me to do it. He put up a post yesterday requesting any Montana bedding tips, and since I was quite literally just starting one, thought I'd oblige.

I've gleaned a lot from various guys on this site over the years, and it's only right to take some time to give back something that will hopefully help someone else.

Merry Christmas all...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery