Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
What do you use to remove the paint on release agent from the stock? Is it hard to get off? I can see using it sparingly on the outside if it is hard to remove while I might use a lot more just in case if it is easy to remove.

RH, the blue paint-on release agent comes right off with warm water. No harm, no foul. I use it everywhere, inside and out.

Do you add tape or anything to the bottom of the recoil lug,or is it not necessary since you are tightening the action farmer tight?

I always bed lugs tight, no tape on the front or bottom of the lug.

I think I see that you are painting with release agent and taping the mag box area?

RH, no tape on the inside of the stock anywhere... chalk that up to early morning (bad) light for photography, or that some of the Montana paint peeled off in the mag box area when scraping out excess epoxy. I paint the blue release agent anywhere I don't want epoxy, inside and out.

On a tupperware (plastic stock) it's easier to just brush on paste wax. But since the Kimber already has paint, it's harder to remove the wax. Ditto the inside of a McMillan Edge stock.

PS, you a "Tide" fan? Probably a stupid question... laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery