Originally Posted by ScottyO
R H Clark...Isecond the LWT Bolt Action in .358Win...ScottyO. PS I have a mauser custom .35-284 Win. That just Pole-Axes Big Deer and Black Bear in thick cover at spittin distances...

Yep,I agree with you and Jeff O as to caliber. I want something shooting heavy bullets at close range in the thick stuff. I've never thought that there are brush busting calibers,as in bullets that shoot through brush, but I do feel that on the far end of the spectrum of a 55 grn hyper velocity round verses something like a 45/70, that the 45/70 would have a better chance of clipping a limb and still making it to the target. It just stands to reason that more mass would be less affected by another mass.

I've just never liked the stock dimensions of lever actions. With most of them,I have to raise my head just to look through iron sights,and I have to raise it twice as high with a scope. I like low power scopes at close range because I feel they are faster than aligning two sights. They are only faster however if I don't have to make any head adjustments on a fast mount,and lever actions don't allow that for me.