Originally Posted by micro240
I am looking to add to my gun cabinet with a rifle that will be used for whitetail deer hunting at close range in thick cover. Think maximum of 75 meter shots and often at moving deer. The two I am considering the most are the Tikka Battue Lite and the Browning BLR. Caliber will be likely be 7mm-08 or 308 - both are offered in it.

Any and all opinions welcome. I have primarily been a bowhunter and am slowly transitioning into the rifle hunting world.

Me and the buddies use to have this conversation at Deer Camp, in No Wisconsin.. where we hunted a lot of thick cover and swamp...

After enough hunting it, I came to the conclusion the best firearm for thick cover isn't a rifle at all...

I come to the conclusion the answer was a good 12 gauge pump with a magazine of 8 deer slugs in it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez