Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by micro240
I am looking to add to my gun cabinet with a rifle that will be used for whitetail deer hunting at close range in thick cover. Think maximum of 75 meter shots and often at moving deer. The two I am considering the most are the Tikka Battue Lite and the Browning BLR. Caliber will be likely be 7mm-08 or 308 - both are offered in it.

Any and all opinions welcome. I have primarily been a bowhunter and am slowly transitioning into the rifle hunting world.

Me and the buddies use to have this conversation at Deer Camp, in No Wisconsin.. where we hunted a lot of thick cover and swamp...

After enough hunting it, I came to the conclusion the best firearm for thick cover isn't a rifle at all...

I come to the conclusion the answer was a good 12 gauge pump with a magazine of 8 deer slugs in it...

In Iowa it's slugs and shotguns. My longest shot was about 40 yards. I would really like to try my Chilean Calvary carbine in 7x57 but I'd have to go out of State to do it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.