Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright
[Linked Image]

I was up at 5 AM today working on this. I finally got tired and quit and took this picture. I am getting the fore end near it's final shape. There's a ton more to do but I'm loving it. This piece of wood (Turkish Circassian) is turning out better than I expected.

Comments on my incredibly messy workbench are not solicited.

A clean work bench is like a clean honey jar -- not nearly as useful as it could be.

I will send this out to Charlie Grace shortly after the first of the year... I hope. I have promised myself that I will clean up this mess whilst I wait for it to come back. Due to old age and the fact that I was seriously sick all last winter I have a very limited amount of ambition. (Didn't work on this for about six months.) Now I am devoting almost all my energy to working on the gun. Due to this mess I spend half my time looking for things that would be easy to find if I were organized.

This gun is being made for something other than to look at and brag about... Next summer it is going to be used to shoot competitively in the matches we have scheduled at the local club. That means that when I get it back I will have to do load work-up and practice before the matches start. I really need to get it to Charlie soonish if this is to happen. Time to quit screwing off at the computer and get some finish on the stocks.