John,

Thanks. I wanted a recessed safety but didn't want to wait. This gun has a twofold purpose... I want it to look good but I also want it to shoot well. We have 100 yd. centerfire benchrest matches here and this is the only rifle I have that is remotely suitable. They start in April so time is a factor. I've shot competitively ever since I got out of college and want to continue as long as I am able.

Re: posting... I was a Precision Shooting writer for twenty-one years and I really miss it. Since the magazine went out of business I have been stocking rifles and doing these threads as sort of an outlet for my need to write.

This goes to Charlie soon. I will then wait on pins and needles till it comes back. When it does I will spend as much time as I can, weather permitting, doing load work-up before season starts. It shot 3/8 MOA when I tested it. If I can make it do 1/4 MOA I think I can be competitive in the class I will compete in. Since everybody else will have real bench guns I have my work cut out for me. I do have my 50 and 100 yd. range just outside my office door so that's convenient.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 01/11/17.