Hey, I'm only halfway there. So far I'm happy with the way it looks. However, from day one this was intended to be a match rifle to be shot in matches. We have really good 100 yd. benchrest matches at the Isabella County Sportsmans Club in Winn, Mi, just a pleasant drive thru the boonies for me. We shoot both full house bench guns and, also, have a factory class that allows shooters to shoot their Rem. and Savage .223's. Winners in both classes get the same prizes, etc.

This shot great last year in the pattern stocks. I'm totally ready and when the gun gets here today, I will immediately clean the barrel, sight it in and shoot groups. I've been lighting candles, making sacrifices (The wife got really mad about the cat.) and praying fervently that it shoots in the new stocks. Whatever, tomorrow night, it and all my benchrest stuff will be loaded in the Porsche and ready to leave early Saturday morning. I will probably be fire forming brass Saturday at the match with Remington's old load of 23-1/2 gr. of 4895. I don't expect to wiin anything but, after the sickness of the last three years, just being there and shooting will be wonderful.

I'll try to get a few pictures when I get the gun and, also, take a couple at the match Sat. Next week will be devoted to serious load work-up as I try to find out just how well I can make it shoot. I have a good, protected 50 and 100 yd. range right here outside my office door. It's been there for twenty years and it makes this sort of thing a lot easier.

I've been tracking the gun on UPS and it should be on the truck for delivery in the next hour or two.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 06/08/17.