In the interest of full disclosure I need to update this... I have found that the gun shoots very well out of a clean, cold barrel. However, once the barrel heats up, it starts throwing bullets all over the place. I've had shots go out into the black on the targets like the one shown above.

I went to a black powder silhouette match Sunday just to see Steve Durren who is a member of the ACGG. I've been told that Steve is probably the best Ruger No. 1 man in the country. I showed Steve the gun and he made several suggestions re: what I could do to improve the situation. It obviously wants to shoot well and it obviously shoots badly as soon as the barrel heats up. This points to a fore end bedding problem. In the next week I will do everything Steve told me to do and see how it works. If you look at the target above, my first few shots made a very small group. However, the succeeding targets got worse and worse.

My main purpose in building this rifle was to shoot it in matches. It looks like I have a lot more work to go.