Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy
That is REALLY looking good Dick!

I really like the lines on it!

Have you considered color case hardening the receiver?

Beautiful!

Happy New Year Sir!

Todd

No case coloring. I really like the subtle case coloring that Winchester put on the old single shots. Most of today's case coloring is a bit too much for me. Chuck Grace is going to rust blue it for me.

I'm now on my sixth coat of the McWilliams finish. Every one seems to bring out more color and grain. A few more coats and my new safety which is coming next week and it will be on its way to Colorado and Charlie.

I'm getting kinda attached to this gun. Not happy about having it gone for a couple of months.

I'd really like just a little subtle engraving on it. But the only guy that ever did some for me was Jack Haugh who was both good and quick. Alas, Jack is no longer available. The first match I'm going to shoot this in is near the end of April and there's just no time.

Charlie Grace and I go back forty years or so. He was here in October and promised to have it back to me so I can shoot it before the matches. I've shot in competition since I got out of college. This may not be competitive with modern bench guns but, based on my shooting of it so far, it will probably do a lot better than you think.