Originally Posted by efw
Which bullet is atop that Hornady load you've gotten such great results from? I have a new to me Tikka 7-08 that shot the American Whitetail load that utilizes the 139 gr Interlock and it also shot very well.

I've had exceptional results from Ramshot Big Game & 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips, as well as from that powder with 150 gr Sierra Game Kings, both loads running close to max charges with newly resized Lake City 7.62 NATO cases and large rifle magnum primers.

Good luck w/ the project; 'tis a great cartridge!

I suppose my last post will answer your question, but its their #2820. I actually caught one in some water jugs I put out at the 250 yard mark. I'll take a picture of it.

I've thought about using Big Game, but that would be just one more powder to add to the collection. I load for a .308 and a .243 also, so I might wind up using H4350 in the end. But with it being a 18" barrel I have a feeling it will have more of a muzzle blast with it versus the other two powders I use already.

I might eventually try 150 grain bullets in it, but for now I see it shoots very well with the 140's its hard to try something else. Plus, being on the light side of weight for a gun, I want to keep recoil to a minimum.