Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Dunno how much experience you have so forgive me if I come across wrong. But I stopped with the 0.3 level of measuring after seeing it mattered very little and I ended up chasing fliers and other minutae.

In a case that size I start at whole grains and once I see a promising pattern develop I go up or down a half grain, or work on overall length. Not trying to shoot flies, and I end up with sub moa this way anyway.

No worries, I am not easily offended. I don't have as much as some, but I've been at it for a while. 5 years or so maybe? I do not pretend to know it all, only what I have learned, which is why I am always open for other experience. I learned on my own, not taught by anyone, just always trying different things to see what works. What I have learned is that hand loading has a WIDE range of traditions, habits, and opinions. Which I understand completely.

My personal experience is that I have seen .3 difference matter when I get around a load that works good. My standard is to load in .5 grain increments and then fine tune with .3.

I don't do the 1 grain steps in this size cartridge just because with some powders that would mean only two loads before I am either below start or over max.