Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
or you can mull over minutiae and drive yourself to drink
If you aren't shooting competitively its really moot

Not really. Others might, but I wont. I like to think about things. I suppose some guys settle for the unknown, but I like to know why things happen.

I might agree with you if I only planned on taking shots at animals up to and around 100-150 yards. The fliers were not that bad at that distance. But further out I like to be responsible about shooting at game. As I said before, I plan to take shots up to 300 yards and I want better results than I was getting at 250 yards.

However, what it all boils down to is the load development process. If I had read or heard about how light weight rifles react in solid gun rests to begin with, I might not have used up so much of my components looking for a good load. Instead I would have been shooting stuff.

So, along with the other articles/threads/posts about others experiences with the same issue, I can add my experience for others to read. As I stated from the beginning, I like to try and give back/be helpful to those people and places I found help from myself. That is the main reason for posting so much detail.

There are enough threads with people coming in and bragging about things, or just coming in and asking questions. Not that they don't have a right or others don't want to read them - I just wanted to be different.

So I might not be shooting competition with this gun, but I gained a tremendous amount of insight from this experience to help me out if/when I do get a bench gun and potentially shoot competition.