Ok, so I have been doing some shooting. I was dumb and did not set up my chrony for the first round of tests, and then set it up too close for the next round. And, on top of that the first round of tests were done off bags, but not off my led sled I have - which I normally use to take as much of me out of the equation as possible.

So needless to say, I now have my head on straight and in the game.

I do have some pictures of some targets. One thing I am real curious about is what is causing some of my fliers. In the first round of tests I could blame them on me. But after using the lead sled it has to be something else. I meticulously weigh every charge, so I highly doubt that is it. Its not cold/clean barrel issue. Sometimes its the first shot in a string, sometimes second, and sometimes third.

Only thing I can figure is bullet runout? But will that cause such a difference in POI? I do not have a runout measuring tool yet, but I do look over each cartridge and there is not a huge runout issue going on.

I have gone through and weighed my brass. There is some difference in weight, its Hornady brass, but again how much is enough to cause significant fliers?

Would love to hear some thoughts. Here are the pictures.

Attached Images
1.jpg (75.08 KB, 44 downloads)
2.jpg (81.27 KB, 28 downloads)
3.jpg (88.78 KB, 31 downloads)