Originally Posted by Aussiesteve

1-The Kelly's did wear police uniforms at Jerilderie and townsfolk were moved to comment on both the exceptional young men who had replaced
the old police, and that the town had never been so quiet😊

2- What evidence do you give to support that the police knew that there were 4 and not just the 2 brothers?
I maintain they didn't and were gunning for the Kelly's.

3- Seeing as the only one to surrender was unhurt, do you honestly think that that the police would have extended that courtesy to the Kelly's?

4- You clearly have read up on, tell me do you think it right the sentences handed down to Williamson, Skillion and Mrs Kelly?
11 yrs and 7 years hard labour on the word of a drunken copper, and 3 for Mrs Kelly.

1- Police legally going plain -clothes makes you irate, Kellys illegally wearing police uniforms doesn't.
John Kelly being the good police trooper he was, would have likely arrested his own brothers for that.

2- I haven't said the police knew for certain that there were 4. I said its reasonable for police to think that
the 2 popular well liked Kellys may have gained support from others (that may have joined them in the bush )
before police found the two.

3- Huh? Police extend courtesy to the Kellys after they had raided a police camp and shot dead 3 out of 4 police?
what , because they let one live?..I don't think so.

4- As I indicated before, those colonial times( laws, judicial system, fairness, justice, social orders, prejudices)
were certainly different from today, as result life was much harsher than today, especially so for a career criminal family
making themselves 'popular' with police.

Again re: Ned Kelly, Dan Kelly, Steve Hart, Joe Byrne, ...why didn't any or all of them take the better smarter
path in life, like John Kelly wisely did?

Kelly supporters appear to make poor excuses for the poor choices those men made.

Originally Posted by Aussiesteve

I maintain they didn't and were gunning for the Kelly's.

Well I wonder, if the evidence you claim you have of that, was stacked up and run through the current high court judicial system,
would it be enough for the courts bench of judges to reasonable decide that police were out to unconditionally kill the two Kellys?

- Police having a stack of(unknown number) of firearms and good supply(unknown number) of leather tethers for
any dead bodies in the event of a shoot-out, just sounds like part of normal preparation for hunting down bands of outlaws.
- Police planning to outnumber the crack shot gifted horsemen outlaws they are chasing sounds more like a smart idea
in the course of their duty, rather than an indication of intent to murder.
- Police in plain clothes and posing as miners sounds like shrewd tactics rather than an indication of intent to murder.
- Police not taking with them the warrants they had, seems pointless and not like an indication of intent to murder.

Thats does not mean there was no intent to murder(in the first degree)the 2 Kellys..but the Westminster criminal justice system
requires one to prove beyond reasonable doubt (i.e.; that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that
the defendant committed the crime) that the accused had such wilful intent or that his actions were based on such.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.