Originally Posted by Aussiesteve

1) Normal people who would comment on how fine the new police looked, and made comment that the town was more peaceful hardly seem like
criminals that bare the brunt of police attention.

2) the police had no idea there was 4.

3) As for the warrants, how on Earth could they be an oversight? They couldn't
arrest them without them, so why not take them unless you didn't plan on using them.

4) You are keen to point out the crimes of the Kelly's but not of the police? Why?

5) I can't answer why Ned, Dan, Steve and Joe didn't live straight lives

6) I can say that the scheme the Kelly's had going on was lucrative and worked well.

7) I honestly think that if Fitzpatrick hadn't gone to the homestead and then lied about an attempted murder,..

1- What new police?...they were not new or legitimate police , Kellys were illegally wearing and impersonating police -end of story.

2- Police no idea of 4, ...as already stated, its reasonable for police to suspect and plan for such contingency that the Kellys in the
Wombat Ranges, may have teamed up/banded with unknown number of collaborators since it was known they had many friends and
supporters in the region. - Kelly in the past had teamed with bushranger Harry Powers,..Hence 8 police with many guns, a lot of leather
body tethers, etc, seems rationally and reasonably justifiable, and not unquestionable proof that they planned to murder 2 Kellys.

3- I already asked before, so again, What possible advantages would there be, for police to intentionally not bring their warrants with them?
How does it benefit the police exactly ?

4- Wrong!... Ive said numerous times the police were corrupt and also mercenary in nature - and part of the problem.

5- So you won't speculate on Ned, Dan, Steve and Joe choosing a life of crime rather than going 'straight' like John Kelly , but you keep
speculating that police planned to murder 2 Kellys, despite having nothing concrete or definitive to support 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

6 - The Kellys in question were 'lucrative' career criminals, the fact it worked well for them, does not exhonerate their life of belligerent crime.

7- You are speculating when it suites you...but you won't venture into speculation of where Kelly gang members lives would have pathed,
had they much earlier exercised good sense like John Kelly...Reality is they chose a life of crime leading to Stringybark Creek, Siege at
Glenrowan where they held people captive at gunpoint and the inevitable hanging of Ned Kelly for murder.

-- For some reason you pick a point in time like the 2 warrants/Stringybark Creek lead-Up and consequent fallout, to speculate on
unsubstantiated police intentions to murder 2 Kellys. ..and you keep drumming that up...yet you won't entertain any speculation of the
life Choices the Kelly gang members made prior to that, which if better ones were made, had the potential to steer them away from the
fate they suffered, and subsequently less contention and conflict with police along the way...John Kelly prime example.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.