I've been having some issues with the assembly of the magazine, and the function of the block that is in the 222 Rem mag well. Just went through a few iterations with Remington about trigger work they did on my 600. See http://24.172.105.90/z/660 for a photo story. Has a fairly happy ending.

But the fact remains that the trigger guard is plastic, and ugly, and is badly bent on assembly due to poor fitting parts. I scrapped a few thousanths off each side of the plastic last night which helped. But the mag well is not seating properly in the trigger guard, and or the action. As well the spacer is not held high enough to really do it's job of facilitating magazine loading. it's a problem unless you watch the first round go into the magazine.

I've been trying to keep mine STOCK but see that it will be a sub MOA shooter. So am going forward with the aluminum trigger guard install.. Ordered one today.

SO... if their's anyone out there who shares my assembly problem... please tell me what you've done. I played with mine for an hour last night and the trigger guard (plastic) was still deformed when the screws were tightened.

Dave - shootccskeet.com