Originally Posted by cervus
I own 2 rem 600 mohawks, both in 308. Scarce as hens teeth in NZ, given their age. Couldnt find one locally for years, so ended up importing mine from the US.
One rifle was rated at 99%, is in beautiful original condition. Its a safe queen, never fired it, never will....

Second rifle I imported was rated at 97% from a firearms dealer called Yanke Artifact....97% my arse!! What a disapointment that was. Barrel was full of rust and horribly pitted. Stock had a crack in it in the fore end, .

Honestly dont know how a dealer, knowing full well the rifle was being sent to an exporter to go to another country could be so dis-honest with the cost involved in export/import ....Exporter made the comment when the rifle arrived it was in a cardboard box such as most firearm manufacters use,,, no packaging inside to hold it in place and stop it moving around....

Only decent thing on the rifle was the action. Ive had another chrome-moly barrel made for it in the original contour and length.

Imported a real nice original mohawk stock from the US as a replacement, are turning this into a hunting rifle. Have dealt with some absolutely fantastic people in the US which you couldnt ask for better customer service. The dealer mentioned above was the only sour deal I ve had...

I don't recall ever having purchased anything from them, but I have heard/read lots of bad reviews of Yankee Artifacts in Northborough, MA, most being that firearms were way over-graded to such a degree that they might have been graded by a blind person. Caveat Emptor!

www.yankeeartifacts.com