Originally Posted by msinc
I have a buddy that went to Germany with the Army in 1980...he brought back two of these that had Mannlicher stocks on them. They came that way from Remington. Personally, I cannot stand that style stock, but I guess Remington made them for the European market??? They are hard to find. I have owned I think at least one of every rifle ever made, but I have never had a 600. I cannot remember the last time I even saw one for sale...or saw one live in person period for that matter. Any ideas how many of these things they even made??? Why were they not cataloged???

Remington made the 600 from 1964 thru 1967, the 660 from 1968 thru 1971, and the 600 Mohawk from 1972 thru 1979. The 600 Mohawks were sold through discount and high volume retailers, rather than through gun shops.

I've heard of 600 Mohawks with mannlicher style stocks being sold through AAFES base/post exchanges in Europe, but I've never seen one that appeared to be original or had provenance that would justify the asking price.

I have a few 600/660s, a 6mm and 308 in their original factory specs and four that have been rebarrel/restocked in 22-250, 243, 260, and 308.