Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Bramage
only problem i have with creedmoor is the fact that i cant see how it is superior to the comparatively ancient .260

I can think of two (2) reasons why the 6.5 Creedmoor is superior to the comparatively ancient 260 Remington:

1. Rifle manufactures are cutting their 6.5 Creedmoor barrels with the proper 1-8" ROT.
2. Ammunition manufactures are making accurate factory ammo, so the guy who doesn't reload has access to quality ammunition.

Elaborating on #2 a bit more, you can buy some decent factory ammo for 18-20 bucks vs 30+ for the .260.

Federal, Hornady, and Winchester/Olin have made great ammo for the 6.5 Creedmoor from day one, while, in 180-degree contrast, Remington didn't. I started shooting the 260 in 10/97, before factory ammo was widely available from Remington, and the first factory ammo available from Remington, the 140 grain PCL, wasn't known for its accuracy. There has been better 260 factory ammo made during the two decades since its introduction, but it is clear that Hornady cared enough to set the 6.5 Creedmoor up for success, while Remington's introduction of the 260 could be written up as a Harvard Business Review (HBR) case study on how not to launch a product.