Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
So how much did you shoot the 6.5 Creedmoor, and at what ranges with what ammo?

100 yards, Ruger Precision... friend's loads. Shot 1/2 MOA. 10 rounds maybe.

I get that some folks like the caliber and love 6.5 pills... I do really... I just don't get all the wildfire type rave.

My 300 or 340 Weatherbys are still preferred and can hold their own against a 6.5.

When I am to old too still shoot them well any longer, I may get a 6.5 Swede.

Interesting read... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/josh-wayner/the-truth-about-6-5mm-ammo/

Some people are curious and want to try new things even if they are redundant to things that they already have and which fill the same niche in a perfectly adequate manner.

Most people would be happy to be able to pick up an unfamiliar rifle and shoot 0.5 MOA, but you are obviously an exceptional shot and not at all like "most people".

I had a couple dozen perfectly adequate 260s, 6.5x55s, 256 Newtons, and 6.5-284s before the 6.5 Creedmoor was introduced. I finally got around to buying my first 6.5 Creedmoor in 2014 'cause I was curious. Since then, I have purchased a few more, sold or traded a couple of them, and find myself with 7 of them today. I have another one on my wish list, the pending limited run of Cerakoted Ruger Americans.

Same/same with the 25 WSSM. When the 25 WSSM was introduced in 2004 I had several perfectly adequate 250-3000s, 257 Roberts', 257AIs, 25-284s, and 25-06s, but I was curious and ended up with 15 of them. The 25 WSSM is a virtual orphan, but it is still an interesting cartridge to me, despite the shooting public's lack of love for it.

Since I am primarily a whitetail and coyote hunter, I have no practical need for a rifle chambered for any belted magnum with a bore diameter greater than 0.284" and only keep one, a 375 H&H, because I hauled it to Africa a couple of decades ago and it has sentimental value from that trip.