Darrik,

Actually, I don't expect the 6.5 Creedmoor's popularity to drop much anytime in the foreseeable future. It took a decade for many "average" hunters to realize that it was the most commonly-available moderate 6.5, not only in rifles but ammo and brass, but now many do.

But for some reason it pisses other people off. Dunno why, as all it was designed to do was reproduce the ballistics of the 6.5x55 and .260 in a cartridge fitting easily into the modern "short" magazine. That sort of mechanical adaptation has been happening to smokeless rifle cartridges since they were first developed over 130 years ago. It's also happened to other products outside the shooting industry, and is simply the way mechanical stuff changes due to manufacturing trends. But apparently a bunch of shooters get so wrapped up in "their" cartridges that they see the 6.5 Creedmoor as a personal insult.

Personally, along with two 6.5 Creedmoors I also have a 6.5x55 and .260. Then there are a couple of other "rifles" chambered a couple of other moderate 6.5's, a classic Mannlicher-Schoenauer carbine for the 6.5x54 M-S, and a Sauer drilling with side-by-side 16-gauge barrels over a 6.5x57R rifle barrel. So far even the drilling hasn't gone into a snit over sharing safe-space with a pair of Creedmoors, but evidently some humans are far more sensitive.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck