Originally Posted by Rolly
I am getting tired of reading about how great the 6.5 C is. I think if I had one I'd have it converted into a 264 Win. Mag. and then really have something. Assuming the action would handle the change, of course. Maybe even a 6.5-06. The writers all seem to extoll the virtues of the bullets available. But with the 6.5 C the velocity is so much lower than can easily be achieved by using a larger case and more powder. Why not use the larger cased version of the 6.5 and really make some headway. Marketing, marketing, marketing. Bah humbug, I say.

All the things you have stated to change the Creedmoor into something other than what it is are some of the major reasons it's so popular. Like all caliber debates we have on this forum, pick any cartridge on the entire continuum of cartridges. Each is both better and worse from the cartridge immediately in front of and behind said cartridge depending on your criteria.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ