I have been doing some forum reading, research, and my own curiosity, on pressure signs or lack there of. I knew getting 2,900fps out of a 140gr 6.5CM was pretty impressive/not heard of. I tested the Nosler RDF 140gr, working up .5gr increments from 41.5 to 44.0, to test for pressure. Saw none on my brass, bolt lift was normal. Velocity at 44.0 was 2,905. I then started .2gr increments from 42.0-44.2, velocity at 44.2 was 2,964. Same as before, no pressure signs on brass, same bolt lift as normal.

I switched to the ELD to test, started in at 42.0, went up .2 to 44.0. Didn't get past 42.8 before starting pressure signs and stopped at 43.0.

I decided to call Nosler and talk to one of their bullet guru's, since I don't have quickload and see what psi I potentially am at. It was a very good conversation. He did say I was well over max pressure, they don't have any data using RL16 but made a scientific guess. Even though I wasn't seeing normal pressure signs, the pressure was still there, potentially damaging other areas like the bolt lugs.

All that being said, I thought I was in the clear since I wasn't seeing the pressure signs but that doesn't seem to be the case always. That maybe a no brainer for a lot of people but I've read a lot of posts from other guys as well, pushing the limits.