Originally Posted by UnderMountain
Anyone going up as far as 44 grains of H4350 with the Barnes 127 grain LRX? I get very good accuracy and 2820FPS out of a 22" barrel with that load, but it's clearly over any of the the published max loads I can find. The only signs of pressure I can see is a kind of shiny area on the primer. You can see it in the photo below which has fired cases starting at 42 Gr on the far left and going up in .5 gr all the way to 44 gr on the far right.

With 130s and lighter, I prefer Varget. Start at 37.5 and work up. 2850 should be doable out of a 22” barrel. With Hornady brass and 130s, I get 2880 from a 24” barrel. With Alpha brass I get 2920.

I’m not seeing anything alarming on your case heads. Healthy load but nothing hazardous. I’ve shot up to 44.5gr H4350 behind 130s and not had any adverse pressure signs.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14