Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Trying to narrow down component inventory so worked up a load for my hunting rig with some of what I had left. Load data is on the pic. OAL is actually base to ogive but includes Sinclair comparator so subtract 1”. This is a ten shot group.

John

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have an appreciation for a post like this. You don't say you have a "1/2 moa" rifle, you actually prove how it shoots with 10 shot groups. Well done John. I always appreciate that kind of honesty!!

Now, I have a load that works very well. I've been running it for quite some time now. Worked it up in my Cabela's exclusive Savage 12fv. Here's how that rifle shot. I'll post 10 shot groups too, because a rifle cartridge designed for competition seems arbitrary when you post 3 shots. It's liken to posting 3 shot groups for a varmint rifle or heavy barreled competition rifle. It just doesn't make sense.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Same load in Tikka Superlite:

Same load in S&W M&P Performance Center 6.5 CM, but with a reduced OAL to fit in magazine:
1 more to prove that wasn't a fluke:

Same load in CTR #1. Adjusted OAL to .020" off lands:

Same load in CTR #2:

At a club shoot the other day, I threw 10 downrange to see where my POI was, since I hadn't shot the damn thing in so long. A little low and to the right with the same load I've been using for years in all of my creedmoors:

Then after adjustment:

Pretty consistent load. I dropped the last shot!!!!!

Some guys say they have good loads. Others, like you, prove you do...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA