Originally Posted by JPro

Was raining today, so the ProChrono didn't get brought out, but I think the RL26 may indeed be the ticket. Hornady brass, CCI200, and the 143ELD-X over 47 and 48 grains both shot around a half inch at 100yds. No pressure signs at 70F. Bergara HMR. 2.855" OAL. Not bad for a used factory rifle and cheap brass.

Got around to shooting this load over a Magnetospeed today. Makes 2,760fps from a 21" barrel with 47.5gr. It'll be what I hunt this year in that Bergara. Shot it in the 70F morning with chrono and then the kids shot it later at 90F+ with no pressure/accuracy problems, so it's apparently not at redline.

This continues to be a pretty good load. It's been a "plug and play" in an 18" Sig Cross, as I had 40-50 rounds left after I sold the Bergara. Should be making about 2,650 in the Cross.

I will say that the 143 ELD-X isn't what I'd call a "Penetrator", but that's pretty obvious, given the design and intent of the bullet. Shot this boar last night at 70-80 yards, quartering-to, just in front of the shoulder. Should have exited behind the offside shoulder, but didn't punch through the shield. No busted shoulders either. 180-200lbs, give or take. 40yd run.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 143 eldx is a hunting bullet It PENETRATES the vitals of big game just fine
It's not made to punch through bone &Hornady will tell you that