Originally Posted by prm
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I've always read that you can have pressure without signs, but never really understood that. I understand how you can have very different velocities with the same peak pressure, but not how you can have an over pressure without signs.

PRM, I was curious about the same thing, no visible pressure sign on brass, primer, or hard bolt lift. I had read a few post about it, and that's why I decided to call Nosler. He stated, it can and does happen. A lot depends on how well the rifle is put together, blue printed action, custom action, or factory action. Mine happens to be from a top custom rifle maker, which was able to take the pressure, this time. However the over pressure is still there, causing stress on areas I can't see like the bolt lugs. He made a very good analogy about the bolt lugs because I asked if I had done irreparable damage to the rifle. He said no, it's like someone who does a burn out in a vehicle. The tires will hold up but only so long before they come apart, but eventually they will. All bolts have a finite life with a given amount of pressure/stress. Over pressure shortens the life.