Hatari; your opening post is valid, so I will join in.

No firm plans at the moment but I am in conversation with Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire safaris in the eastern cape about a trip in 2019, hunted with Patrick in 2015. Thoughts are a buffalo on one of the population control hunts in one of the parks or reserves followed by plains game.

My daughter and her fiance are considering coming, every time I have hunted Africa in the past (2009, 2015, 2016) my daughter has asked if she could come. My response has been "sure, just stroke the cheque", when we talked about this trip she is now looking at finances and may come.

The hunt would be followed by touring heading east and north from the eastern cape. The buffalo is a key part of the hunt and plans will change / adapt to ensure a good quality buffalo hunt.

The above is why I asked on another post about the 280 grain Rhino bullet in .375 H&H.

I have put in an order for Weatherby Vanguard DGR in .375 H&H after much deliberation and thought. The plan is to get lots of practice with the rifle and to get at least one Alberta hunting season in with the rifle prior to hunting buffalo with it.

More details with follow as plans solidify.

All the best.

George