Originally Posted by JJHACK
Hatari, I apologize for the lack of enthusiasm lately for reasons you fully understand. I am still running a very successful and safe Safari operation in RSA, with some specialty hunts in other locations.

Recently A young PH I have hired in the past has struck out on his own and has some hunting price levels that I have not seen since the early 90's. He is hunting on lands that are family owned and never sport hunted. Or at least not sport hunted in my 25 year career here!

It's not a 5 star operation, although it meets all international hunter requirements set by the RSA government and PHASA. Its a nice camp with perfectly clean functional accommodations, it's not "luxury" as is the case on some of my other locations.

If anyone becomes interested in a startup hunting operation with a young guy very hungry to please everyone hunting with him to create a successful return clientele I can set this up! I would vouch for his integrity and his Skills as a PH. He is in the Elisrass area northern Province and provides all pickup and return to the Joburg Airport.

Good Morning JJ.

When I began my Africa hunting, I was fortunate to meet a young PH that sounds very much like the young man you describe. He was hunting for Phillip Bronkhorst at the time. We hunted together twice and as happens, a friendship blossomed. His Uncle had a private "hobby farm" that was never sport hunted.

You may know of the farm in Elisrass (Steenbokpan) the original property was called "Vitvogelfontien". His uncle continued to buy connecting farms and is now something like 15,000 Hectares. I was able to hunt it as a family friend and we had many good times, I even brought my wife and young son a coupe times. My wife shot her very first animal there as well.

The klipspringer genetics in that area are amazing. My friend (Pieter) picked up a skull that would have been the world record. Looked like a Vaal Rhebok!!

My first trip was 1999, there have been many since. I truly envy those who are still looking forward to going as much as I did back then. Those feeling can never be replicated. Cherish them.

Pieter has moved on to being a farmer in the Golden Gate area. We still speak every couple months. His relationship is the only real "friendship" I have made in Africa. Our friendship outlasted his hunting career. Which speaks volumes.

Anyway, your post brought back some fond memories, thanks for that.

Steve