Ain't we been here before? Is there a link between higher populations that came to use the legal drugs, and crime?? Probably, but there is also an increase in crime in any boom town. When they bult Hoover dam the town didn't allow alcohol, for a reason. What about correlating crime and the availability of good jobs, affordable rent, women and other variables.

People keep lumping pot in with heroin, meth, and other dangerous drugs. I still see the biggest problem to be abuse of alcohol. While I don't like tobacco, I can't say I have seen any different behavior on it.

As for docs making people addicts, you have either never had chronic pain (the kind where you leterally can't see or talk), or can grit your teeth and work tdhrough it. I wonder about the programs they have to work against addiction to oxycodone when the programs are aimed at people when they get out of jail. My wife never has been or will be in jail, and she suffers from hard to treat continous pain.

Can we link community safety to "no guns", a 5 mph speed limit, no swimming in rivers?