Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
If we want to put a dent in the pot trade, the ONLY means to do that is if ordinary citizens use the SSS method, which ain't gunna happen. So enjoy it cause it ain't going anywhere. Hell I might even start smoking myself.

You just can't legislate morality my friend. If you could,then we should lock up folks for adultery too. Then the prisons would be full,citizens over taxed, and the courts over worked. Wait,isn't that exactly what is happening with the war on drugs?

Roe vs Wade sure did legislate immorality tho didn't it?

No,it just made it easier and more sanitary. They were doing it with coat hangers before the legislation.

As always,you have to attack the source and not the means. Just like liberals wanting to get rid of guns because they kill people,so are conservatives wanting to get rid of drugs because they kill people. We know that there will be illegal guns in the hands of criminals no matter what legislation we pass. I don't understand why conservatives can't make the same logical leap to understand that there will also always be illegal drugs no matter what legislation we pass.

To stop the problems we have to treat the symptoms. We have to learn why it is becoming more prevalent in our society for a madman to go on a mass shooting. We also need to learn why certain drugs have become such a problem in this country. I personally think the problem started with the break down of the family and Christian values and morality.

My point is after abortion was legalized it changed from backstreet to mainstream. Those are exactly the kind of things that lead to the breakdown of family and Christian values, celebrating immorality we see today.

I don't see it that way at all. My view on the morality of abortion didn't suddenly change because it became legal. Neither did yours,I assume. Neither did it for anyone else who held it as immoral. It's legalization didn't cause us to celebrate it,not accept it.

It's the same way with your pot smokers. They aren't going to suddenly stop because you make it illegal,nor will those who view it as morally wrong or just unhealthy suddenly light up when it's legal. It's always available whether legal or not. You seem to keep missing that point. I haven't smoked any pot in about 20 years but I could have bought some in an hour at anytime in the last 20 years right here in Alabama where it is illegal. The legality of it has not effected it's availability in the least. The reasons I'm not smoking it has nothing to do with it's legality.