Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Tarkio
The neighbor have priors?

Why did Feds get involved?

He IS a convicted felon[and i would assume there must be some Federal charges in his past for Feds to come swooping in].

You Step dad doesn't have to worry about him being a neighbor anymore.

I dont think the fact that the Marshalls were involved always means there are federal charges. My old department used to have one officer assigned to a Marshalls task force to enable them to utilize federal money and federal equipment to track down people on state warrants. Sometimes if they had info that someone had a state warrant and fled out of state, the Feds would issue a UFAP warrant (Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution) to make extradition easier. As soon as the suspect was back in local custody they would drop the UFAP case. This arrangement works well for local pds, they get Federal assistace, and well for the Feds in that all apprehensions whether on state or local charges help their stats. The arent going to get involved in a traffic warrant, but a felony involving a gun they will.

A state case for shooting dogs (even if he was previously a felon and now also has a state Felon in Possession case) probably isnt going to result in a ton of jail time.

Main point is problem may not be over.

Last edited by cv540; 11/09/17.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington