Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

I agree with this, it is a matter of perspective. The cat guy pointing the pistol at the unarmed dog guy's face supersedes everything IMO and is why he should be in jail or committed to a nuthouse, which might prevent a future mass shooting. I also agree that many "animal people" are over the top and I also agree that people should not have to put up with their property being messed up by other people's animals. But none of that justifies pointing a pistol at someone's head, a call to the local animal control if nothing could be worked out between the two parties would be more like it.

For example back when I was a kid I had a bird dog that ran loose with the other dogs in the neighborhood. They got into one of the neighbor's chicken houses and killed some of his birds. My Dad got a call. He went over to the neighbor's house, apologized to him and either paid or offered to pay for his chickens. He told me I had to keep the dog confined from now on unless I wanted my ass beat. That is the way MEN handle stuff like that.

Last edited by RJY66; 11/11/17.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn