Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Or do you really think someone that has spent his life cloistered in an education facility would confront another with a firearm without feeling threatened.

What makes you think they wouldn't? There's some bad people out there and their career choice has nothing to do with it.

Anyone who would put a pistol in somebody's face and then kill both of his Labrador Retrievers right in front of him is a dangerous, evil son-of-a-bitch.

For whatever reason, you seem to want to configure the event in a manner that allows justification.
Stuart's a borderline troll. Pay him no mind. A Mexican really has more of a useful opinion here than some Aussie. They live closer and in some cases, live here.

I would put the percentage of liberals teaching at Universities at 75-80% or so. I guess it depends on how conservative you are as to your definition of them. I'm pretty conservative.

I have not seen too much exaggeration by Raeford and tend to take his OP pretty close to face value even with the heatedness of the situation. Fireball is right, property rights and lines should be respected. OTOH, dogs and cats will roam despite the best efforts of owners. Dogs chasing livestock around here are dead if they get caught. Dogs chasing cats might be, but usually it's an SSS deal which works best for both sides, keeping the SSSer from getting shot by the enraged proxy property violator and the violatee from losing his mousers. The game changer here is the situation itself with the potential felon shooting the animals right in front of the owner after threatening the owner with a deadly weapon. As in most LE type situations, blame on both sides but more on one than the other. 10% blame to dog owner, 90% to head-[bleep] lib cat fancier. Decent LE types saw situation for what it was and acted accordingly.