Originally Posted by SandBilly
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?

We had a couple outdoor cats briefly. One the neighbor abandoned when he moved, and one was dropped off at our house. Both were starving and I couldn't allow that. We did give them away to someone that needed barn cats. One of them we called Boy Cat ended up riding around on their pony's back, they became great buddies. That was a win/win. Otherwise, no outdoor cats for us.

A feral cat that used to climb inside my convertible at night got planted in the driveway with a backhoe. I'm not thrilled to feel the need to do that, but it needed to be done. Cats roaming isn't a good thing if you ask me. Abandoned cats even worse. We have a family cat now, and yes it stays indoors. He's ok, but just not my cup of tea. I don't want an animal that craps in the house then tries to climb up on your countertops when you're not looking. Until we broke him of that I was ready to kill him. Overall, I just don't think much of cat's.

Our Jack Russell will chase things off the property, but if I'm the one watching her, I call her back and she minds. She doesn't mind the wife and will chase other dogs off our property back onto the neighbors.

With that said, I expect the neighbors have the right to shoot her. No I wouldn't be happy about it, but I believe your dogs should stay on your own property, and if you can't control them, all bets are off. Property rights trump pet rights.

LOL