Originally Posted by 7 STW
I just found my Parker Hale 303 to be lacking in too many area's. When I packed one the only load I could obtain was factory Super X 180gr silver tip. Later on I tried the 180gr Federal load and the results were just as dismal. I found it didn't have the knock down power at close or longer ranges. Compared to other rounds the trajectory drop was unacceptable and hitting animals with a good shot just to have them stand there then run off like nothing ever happened doesn't inspire confidence of any kind. I never lost an animal but follow up shots was the common theme . My experiences as a young man really soured me on the cartridge, Perhaps other have used it with different result. I think it is a lousy round for large heavy game. But hey that's just one mans opinion..

it was possibly the rifle , not the round, or maybe just lousy shooting, I dunno.
I've shot a ton of moose and deer and bears with the 303 in different rifles and never had an issue with it.

II am heading out for elk this week using 180 grain bullets and have no doubt at all that an animal is going to get my tag put on it with my 303
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 11/12/17.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!