7STW;
Good morning to you sir - may I send a sincere tip of the hat to you and Reloder28 for taking the high road here.

For whatever it's worth to you both, you've earned my respect gentlemen - well done. cool

On the moose cartridge thread, I've killed exactly one Okanagan bull with a .308 Norma using 200gr Hornady RN bullets because I'd read they were the proverbial "bee's knees".

Turned out that they came apart in inglorious style, neither exited and while the moose died, I shot one more animal with them - a first rack whitetail - and then relegated them to shooting rocks.
[Linked Image]

When you mentioned your dislike of the .303 British, my late father immediately came to mind, so thanks kindly for stirring up some grand memories of many, many hunts and hunt stories. Dad killed a few moose with first a borrowed No 1 Mk III and then with one that he owned. Even though it worked - his brother, my late much loved Uncle Frank used one for all his hunts and I eventually bought it after he'd passed, Dad just detested the .303.

Funny enough he bought a .250 Savage next and preferred it to the .303, but then traded the 99 for a Winchester Model 100 in .308 which he considered the ultimate moose gun. The farmers didn't call them moose rifles - they were "moose guns".

I shot my first whitetail with that .308 and Dad gifted it to me eventually, but I couldn't make it run reliably and traded it on a bolt action '06 before too, too long.

Anyway sir, again a tip of the hat to you both and Merry Christmas to both your crews on either side of the medicine line. Happy New Year to you all too.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/17/17.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"