The last 6 years I have gotten 5 bulls. Three with the 168gr TTSX from the 30-06 at 20 to 200 yards. None stayed in the moose.

One with 180gr Sierra Pro-hunter in a 300WM. Behind the shoulder, down in less than a minute, no steps taken. No pass-through.

The other was with a 140gr TTSX in a 7SAUM.

Watched another this year with a 7-08 at a little over 100 yards, 140gr TSX. Bullet went through the spine, barely missed the far side scapula and hung up under the hide.

Have used 308Norma with several different bullets, 300WM with several different bullets in a number of different rifles, several 30-06s with lots of different bullets, 7x57 with several different older bullets, 35WAI with Speer bullets, 375AI with 270gr TSX... probably forgetting some.

Riley has used the 25-06 with 80gr TTSX and usually gets full penetration and dead moose. He has also used the 7x57, but the was used to apply the Hindu dot to a big cow... DRT!

I wonder how those old Kodiak guides I knew managed to die of old age, what with packing those old Enfield 303s around...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.