Originally Posted by 257heaven
If paypal knows you're buying or selling guns or gun parts, they will shut down your account immediately. Trust me....I have some direct experience with that.

ETA: I have no idea how paypal can allow gun parts purchases through ebay, but otherwise....they are banned. I guess because ebay owns them and they make more money from it.

I'm like you in that I don't understand why PP allows buying/selling of firearms parts through eBay, however, if I understand it correctly eBay and PP split ways a year or 2 ago. In fact, I got a message a few days ago from eBay announcing that they were going to be using a new pay system/company in the next year or 2. In fact, here is a quote from that message. "We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers."

I sell fishing lures on eBay and suspect that eBay will get more money from Adyen than PP on this deal.

Also-I see on Gunbroker where a number of Sellers accept PP. So, even though PP no doubt stops some exchanges I suspect that when one sells on a forum like this the likelihood of PP catching that it is a firearm is slim. But, that is just my opinion. If though, something goes wrong and there is a problem with the delivery and if it becomes exposed that it is a firearm in question, all bets are off.