Originally Posted by Beaver10
SKane: Nice job! Can’t say for sure you’re 100% on identifying this Fu*ker! But, I would say you’re 99% right. Detective in a former life?

At some point I will be buying and selling on the Fire 🔥. As a rule with me in buying and selling. I always ask the seller to provide me a picture doing something, I “specifically” ask them to do with the item I’m buying. Like, send me a picture of the rifle with the bolt open and a picture of the muzzle only. This is one way to at least make sure they have the rifle, or whatever, they are peddling to you.

I always offer to do the same when I’m selling something as well...And, if I’m not getting cash, or a postal money order. I will hold a personal check and even a cashiers check until MY BANK says it’s cleared.

Here’s the scam played out with a cashiers check...Buyer get’s a cashiers check made out from his bank or credit union. He may take a picture of it and send it to the seller showing he’s got it and mailing it...Scammers do this sometimes, so you think he’s being legit and following through on the sale.

Scammer/buyer sends cashiers check to seller. Seller get’s cashiers check and deposits it, then ships rifle. But, during the time check is on it’s way to you. The scammer/buyer goes back to his bank and cancels the cashiers check and pulls the money out of his account. This happens several days before you’ve even gotten the cashiers check.

The scammers bank accounts are set up specifically for doing a few scams at the same time..The real good scammers use fake ID to set up the account to help elude police, or at least slow down being caught. Be aware of State ID’s in lieu of Drivers Licenses. Easier to get a fake State ID than a DL.

Hope this helps some...Mark

That's helpful to me Mark, thanks for posting that.

LOL