Get your local police involved.

I had a craigslist issue when I was in a purchasing transaction for a recurve bow ( I was the buyer). Made phone contact, and sent usps money order. Two weeks go by, no bow. No word of receipt of funds or shipping info ( In email/ phone contact I asked seller to email when funds received, and when shipment made with tracking info). Several phone calls from me to his number resulted in either a phone message left, or once his brother (?) answered. Nothing. This goes on for about 2 months. Usps doesn’t do anything until 90 days for inves5igation/ stop payment ( in reality a usps money order is a crappy instrument of payment regarding options for the buyer in cases like this).

I contacted my local police and told them about it. They said this would be considered “ theft by deception.” They made some calls to the seller’s local police. About a week later, I had my bow.

Use your and seller’s local police. That’s why they are there. Make copies of all info about the situation : ie : classified ads/emails/ phone numbers/ addresses for the cops, to make as easy as possible for them. Be polite. Be patient. Be diligent and determined. You are not only looking out for yourself, but the next person this guy may scam.

Good luck

Last edited by buttstock; 05/07/18.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."