Originally Posted by FishinHank
I refuse to use paypal, can't stand it. If I say I am going to buy something here I send a check. Ship the item when the check clears, not before. If the check gets lost in the mail I send another one. I live remote in AK and a lot of people are unwilling to be patient with the mail system here, or they add on extra charges. I have gotten lucky thus far with deals here on the fire. Kinda sucks when they don't understand though.

It's gotten so that I'll pass up deals (buying and selling) if I can't use Paypal, unless it's something I really need/want. Going to the Post Office and standing in line 1/2 hour to buy a MO and conversely driving across town to the bank to deposit one is such a royal PIA to me that I avoid doing it like the plague. I should think that someone living in a remote corner of the world would doubly embrace that attitude. Let's see- send a MO after enduring the PO hassle, sending a check and waiting for snail mail to deliver it and waiting for it to clear, accepting those payments with much the same hassles- or do it electronically with a couple key strokes and get on with my life, and have my purchase in hand in a couple days versus a couple weeks. No brainer. (And don't come back with the old "Paypal is anti-gun so they won't get my business" argument. If one boycotted every business that was anti-gun or hired anti-gun people one would be left with a pretty small pool to swim in, truth be told. I for one won't cut off my nose to spite my face.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty