Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I refuse to use paypal, can't stand it. If I say I am going to buy something here I send a check. Ship the item when the check clears, not before. If the check gets lost in the mail I send another one. I live remote in AK and a lot of people are unwilling to be patient with the mail system here, or they add on extra charges. I have gotten lucky thus far with deals here on the fire. Kinda sucks when they don't understand though.

It's gotten so that I'll pass up deals (buying and selling) if I can't use Paypal, unless it's something I really need/want. Going to the Post Office and standing in line 1/2 hour to buy a MO and conversely driving across town to the bank to deposit one is such a royal PIA to me that I avoid doing it like the plague. I should think that someone living in a remote corner of the world would doubly embrace that attitude. Let's see- send a MO after enduring the PO hassle, sending a check and waiting for snail mail to deliver it and waiting for it to clear, accepting those payments with much the same hassles- or do it electronically with a couple key strokes and get on with my life, and have my purchase in hand in a couple days versus a couple weeks. No brainer. (And don't come back with the old "Paypal is anti-gun so they won't get my business" argument. If one boycotted every business that was anti-gun or hired anti-gun people one would be left with a pretty small pool to swim in, truth be told. I for one won't cut off my nose to spite my face.)

This right here. I don't like paypal either, so I use friends and family, at least they aren't making any money grin I've about quit taking Postal Money orders over $100.00, they are damn near impossible to cash at the post office.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.