I bought a .375 Ruger in preparation for a trip to Africa, I was glad that I did, I got to shoot several animals, that were tough to put down, and look through the scope at several more that my finances-not my firearm determined were not on the menu for the day.

The main reason why, at the time a new Ruger hawkeye african was about $400-500 less than any .375 H&H available. but it shot excellent right from the start too, quickly making me very happy about the decision.

the Ruger was very versatile with any bullet weights, and very accomodating to load for as well not finicky about bullets or powders. Brass and components were available, reasonably priced, and easy to get.

Gembok, Kudu, Blue wildebeast, Zebra, and Warthog all fell to a 260gr Partition, I also got to look over Eland, Cape Buffalo, and Giraffe while there- at least it was a possibility, even if I would be hawking everything I owned when I returned smile

It works darned well on Elk back here in the US of A as well, they don't run off when hit with it.

Desert shooter