Just a few thoughts ... If your looking at using this rifle purely in colder environments, there is nothing wrong with the 375R, I hunted south Africa for over 20 years and seen my fare share of cartridges that are just not comfortable in hot humid environments when loaded max. One of those was the 375R. Personally compact magnums are just not for me, although I have to agree that the 375R is an excellent calibre otherwise. Don't understand the lock up thing.... Assuming it's referring to pressure?

It's only once you have shot a well set up 375 HH, that you will understand why this calibre is so well loved. The recoil push is an authorative experience, but so satisfying in the right set up. I shot a friend's well used HH and I was never the same again.The Ruger has all the numbers, but also a fast and punishing snap. A cartridge is not just about raw power, many factors contribute to a rifle becoming a beloved favourite and this honour has been bestowed n the HH many a time in that many hunters , including my friend, hunt almost exclusively with this cartridge almost everything they persue ... Within reason and common sense.

You will be doing yourself a great injustice by not at least experiencing a well tuned HH before you make your choice

Last edited by Porker; 08/25/18.