I like the fact that my 338 Win and 375 Ruger are near identical rifle platforms. And the same could be said for my 416 Ruger, other than the barrel has less taper forward on the fore end.

I can see no reason not to like 375 H&H performance in smaller package as in the 375
The same can be said for the 416 Ruger vs the 416 Rem. The 416 Rem has a slight case capacity advantage. I do not see this as a much of a real advantage for intended purposes. It appears from African hunter reports, that both kill buffalo and elephant equally well with equal quality bullets. It appears the 416 Ruger works just fine with the non-traditional 20" barrel.

I have been enamored with the 416 Rem since it was first announced, and had a M70 in one shortly after they hit the streets. I personally think the 416 Rem matches the M70 size factory platform better than the 375 H&H. I have a stainless classic with a 22" barrel in 416 Rem, and I like it. But, for daily use I like my 416 Ruger with a 20" barrel more.

No plans to get rid of my 375 H&H's or 416 Rem's (at least the stainless ones). But, if starting now, I would only have the 375 & 416 Ruger cartridges in these calibers for hunting. Nostalgia purposes, well that is a different kettle of fish.