sidepass,

Fwiw, Otto Bock said that he designed the 9.3x62mm chambering for farmers & ranchers to use for any dangerous game in the German colonies in Africa, that was suitable to be used in a cheap, bolt-action rifle (rather than a heavy/expensive double-rifle) AND that was suitable to routinely carry upon horseback rounds of one's farm/ranch. - In point of fact, the 9.3x62 can be fired FROM the saddle, if the stockman has a well-trained mount.
(After Mauser BA appeared in the German colonies, the same round became popular in Europe for moose, reindeer, red deer & wild boar.)

Fwiw, I bought my first rifle in 9.3x62 in BRD, when I was looking for a 9.3x57mm rifle for red deer & wild boar.
(After WWII, many a Kar 98 with a rusted/pitted bore was "freshed out to 9.3" & were often CHEAP to buy & quite suitable for any European game. =====> A gunsmith in K-town said that he didn't have a rifle in that caliber but suggested that, "- - - - it's big brother might be what you are seeking.").

Imvho, the 9.3x62mm is all the rifle that I need for anything that I'll ever hunt in this life.
(I'm planning a short trip to Africa this Fall for plains game & a Cape Buffalo I won't feel "under-gunned" with my rebored Model 760..)

yours, satx

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836