Originally Posted by Wild_Bill_375
Originally Posted By: wildchild2010
A rifle for hunting Alaska Black Bear, Bou, Moose and of lucky to draw a Brown Bear tag one day? .375 Ruger, .375 H&H, .338 Win Mag, .416 Ruger Big Game. They have all been proven in the field yand have done well and ammo is not very hard to come by on any of them.

Frankly I am a H&H fan and use it for everything and have since '96.
That said once you get to Alaska I'll bet ammo would be everywhere for the H&H, 338 WM, 300WM & 30/06. Not so much the 375 or 416 Ruger, but I've been wrong before.
Black bear, caribou, and moose are not hard to kill & if you have hopes to draw a Brown Bear tag then why not reconsider your choice. With a more user friendly rifle/cartridge and go with an stainless steel 30/06 with a Tupperware stock. It'll costless to feed, ammo can be found everywhere, and very usable even for the big bear you hope for. Plus it will be lighter & very handy with say a 22" tube on it.
Of course the best possible choice would be one 06 & one 375H&H, the later for the possible brown bear tag!
Thanks for the reply, i have take a lot of deer and a few black bear with the NP and did a great job. Some folks say it isn`t enough gun, but you do your job an down goes the animal. I know many who hunt black bear, moose, bou in Alaska with the .223 and do a fine job at feeding the family. Im not rich so that is why i been asking a lot of questions on rifles. Heck an old 8mm mauser or 7.62x54 nagant may be a good biggame rifle.